Followers

Monday, May 9, 2011

Post Race Reflection



Race day was a slow start for our team, having a few complications. Testing our car before the competition it averaged around 13m and when it came time for your vehicle it only averaged 5.90 meters, earning us 7th place. Thing turned around for us when it came time to the drag race, at a time of 3.43 seconds we managed to capture 1st place.




If i had the oppurtunity to modify my car design I think i would've somehow included a 4th wheel , simply for a distance factor, and have a seperate car for the drag race. I also would've made sure and done a better job on the alignment of the wheels, because our wheels were quite off and caused alot of wobbling, causing alot of unstableness.



If I could build a completly different car I think i would've tried to make a car that had 2 wheels. Obviously big wheels and less wheels means that the more distance the car is going to travel and this is what i would've liked to aim for. Also, instead of a simple wooden frame, i would definetly want to try welding a frame for the chassis.



To make our car perform better we could've made a few tweaks. One could've been trying to align our wheels a bit straighter so it wouldn't of traveled with such a wobble. You could tell by looking at the car that it was very lopsided but we just didn't have the time to readjust everything. I think we also could've fiddled around with the axle a bit more to try and get the bad curve out of it using sand paper.




No comments:

Post a Comment